Normally I do my Thank You Very Much posts on Monday, but with me being so over the moon happy and content following Lucas’ birth (I really need a nickname for this little one), sarcasm just doesn’t seem right. Instead, I thought I would list a few things (in no particular order) that I am truly thankful for today.
I’m thankful for:
1. Our awesome family and friends. We have received so much help and support from everyone following Lucas’ birth.
2. The fact that I have a good doctor who listens to me and knows my history well enough to know that it was important that he deliver Lucas when he did. I’m also thankful that my doctor went ahead and gave me my little tummy tuck. I mean, how awesome is that??
3. Lucas being a very relaxed, content baby. With two older brothers and multiple sports between the two of them, he’s just going to have to go with the flow. So far that doesn’t seem like it will be a problem.
4. The fairly easy/quick recovery that I’ve had this time. It wasn’t so easy after I had Buster and I’m glad I haven’t had a repeat of that recovery.
5. Lanolin nipple ointment. Honestly, I don’t know where I’d be without lanolin. I don’t care what people say, breast feeding DOES hurt and it’s not always because the latch is off. It just takes awhile to get used to it, and during that time, Lanolin is a MUST!
6. Modern technology such as DVR’s, smart phones, iPads, etc. Being up in the wee hours of the morning nursing a baby is so much easier when you have something good to watch on TV, a game to play, or the internet to surf.
7. And finally, my boys. All of them, Jdaddy included. They are my everything.