1. Good parent-teacher conferences, with compliments about both Jack and Nick from their teachers.
2. Jack scored his first goal of this season and he was so happy. It’s also awesome to hear other parents comment about how much he hustles while on the ice and how he has a good “head” when it comes to hockey.
3. Nick being selected as “reader of the month” from his classroom.
4. Goofy smiles from Luke.
5. Halloween decorations.
6. Yummy Boss’s Day treats from my staff.
7. Toothless grins
8. Funny quips from kids, such as this gem (you might not understand if you aren’t familiar with the Detroit Tigers:
Jack: did you know that when Prince Fielder was a kid he hit home runs in Comerica (Tiger Stadium). Why doesn’t he do it now?
9. Two new recipes that turned out awesome.
10. Excellent work-related conferences at amazing locations on Lake Michigan.